Popular Posts

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wheels!

The best way to get around in Denmark cities is by bicycle. That is what everybody told me. So I went out and bought a second hand bike off a Belgian student. I paid 250kr which is quite a steal because the asking price for the average secondhand bike is about 600kr.

Isn't he a beauty! I think I am going to call it Caspian the wonder bike.

Other places you can look for cheap bikes are the Cykler huset bloghttp://cyclerhuset.blogspot.com/ Which I think is run by some enterprising danish student who worked out there is money to be made by buying the international students bikes cheap when they leave home and then selling them on to the next semesters intake. I see a business starting up for me back at Swinburne Uni.
Or, you could just steal one, international students are known for doing that. Because everybody has a bike, nobody really needs to steal one, so none of them are locked up. But don't do that, you would be a jerk and ruin these sweet trusting danish people for the rest of the world.

Now I just need to remember which side of the road I am supposed to ride on, and when this cold weather lets up, I will be biking it to uni!

No comments:

Post a Comment